Whitney Vandiver Wellborn is joining The Anthony School as the Director of Development. Previously, Whitney was the Senior Major Gifts Officer at the Arkansas Foodbank. In this role, she focused on building a major gifts campaign for the organization. Her primary responsibilities were securing large gifts from individuals and corporations. Whitney also helped with events, community outreach, annual gifts, and many other aspects of fundraising. Before taking the position with the Foodbank, Whitney was the Development Coordinator for Our House.
Whitney graduated from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville with a B.A. in Journalism with emphasis in Advertising and Public Relations. Whitney serves on the Board of Directors for the Arkansas Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, and recently joined the Film Society of Little Rock Board of Directors.
Whitney grew up in Little Rock and lives here with her two children, Gracie (age 7) and James Clay (age 5), and their dog Millie.
are excited to announce that The Anthony School annual fund (The
Anthony Campaign) has been awarded a Challenge Grant from an anonymous
individual if we reach at least 50% family participation in The Anthony
Campaign by May 15, 2016.Since
2003 when the annual fund began, 100% of the Board of Trustees and 100%
of the Faculty/Staff have made a gift to the fund each year. Now we
need our families to reach towards that same goal. The average private
school in the United States has a parent participation rate of 64.8% and
we know that our TAS families are way above average in every respect. Any
donation amount will help us qualify for the grant. Please give at the
level that is comfortable for your family. Donations may be made
online at http://www.anthonyschool.org/TheAnthonyCampaign.aspx.Feel free to contact Sarah Lindsey Harrison at [email protected] with any questions about donations or The Anthony Campaign.
- See more at: http://www.anthonyschool.org/protected/ArticleView.aspx?iid=52IIY2&dasi=4GG3I#sthash.YC9gBDia.dpuf
Your Gift Matters!
What does my gift help provide:
- maintaining our top-notch teachers and administration
- continued improvement of our school facilities
- iPads in every early elementary classroom
- Laptop and IPart carts to travel to elementary classrooms
- Development of a STEM classroom for elementary students
- State-of-the-Art Technology
- Costumes and set design for plays and musicals at every grade level
- Art programs that produce award-winning student art
- Maintenance of athletic facilities
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: What is The Anthony Campaign?
A: The Anthony Campaign is the school's annual fundraising effort.
Q: Why do we have The Anthony Campaign?
A: The Anthony Campaign is critical to the operation of The Anthony School because tuition alone does not cover all the costs of educating the students in our school. Donations to The Anthony Campaign cover that difference and allow us to continue to provide our students with quality education.
Q: Who gives to The Anthony Campaign?
A: The Anthony School Board of Trustees and Faculty and Staff traditionally have 100% participation each year. Other donors include parents, grandparents, alumni, and friends of the school.
Q: How much am I supposed to give?
A: There is no set amount that each family is expected to give. We ask that you give what is comfortable for you. The most important thing is that you participate. As the school looks to other businesses, corporations, and foundations, they ask about our percentage of parent participation and consider that in their decisions. Your own donation will help The Anthony School attract other financial resources.
How can I give to The Anthony Campaign?
- Gift - Payment in full by cash, check, or credit card.
- Pledge - A promise to pay in installments or one sum, download a pledge form here.
- Matching Gift - Some employers match employee contributions.
- Securities - Long term appreciated assets can provide a charitable deduction for full market value of the security, often allowing the donor to avoid capital gains taxes.
- Special Gifts - Memorials and gifts of honor for individuals or groups.
- Planned Gifts - Gifts of stock, real estate, life insurance, cash, or a bequest in a will.
- Online - make a gift securely through PayPal by clicking "Ways to Give."
For more information on The Anthony Campaign, please contact Whitney Vandiver Wellborn, Director of Development, at [email protected]
or 501-225-6629 ext 251.